Tuesday 25 September 2012

Freeze! Step Away From The Cell Phone!


How many of you wake up in the morning and the first thing you do is check your cell phone? How many times have you been out to dinner with a friend and they are on their phones the whole night instead of talking to you? Whether its texting or checking our social media profiles, people in today’s society are constantly connected. People are able to be in contact anytime, anyplace. Most of us I’m sure have woken up mid sleep to find themselves having a nightmare about misplacing their cell phones. 




But what if we lived in a world disconnected from technology?

I know! It seems impossible, right?

To be honest, it almost is impossible. Especially with most jobs requiring its employees to always be available. Regardless, I think it’s important to take a step back from society and social media. We need to be able to recharge and spend some quality time with good ol’ nature.

If any of you have heard the story of Christopher McCandless or even seen the film Into the Wild you know the extreme lengths some people take in order to disconnect. If you haven’t seen the film or read the book however, I definitely recommend that you watch it.



It’s no secret that constant social interaction can sometimes be tiresome and the pressures of today’s society regarding being connected can make people feel stressed. I recently found an article relating to stress and the pressures of social media which you can read here

I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for a breather.

I’m not advising that everyone go to the same extreme as Christopher McCandless, but I do recommended spending some time away from the hustle and bustle of citylife. Going camping is a great way to relax and recoup. Plan a trip with your friends and see what Canada really has to offer.

Check out this list of Canada’s top 5 camping destinations for your outing from The Vancouver Sun.


1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right, I am attached to my phone, this is not always a good thing. Sometimes we just need a reminder to put it down, I think I'll take your advice and put it away tonight, or at least I will try

    ReplyDelete