Tuesday 29 October 2013

Hair Mask Disaster

A few weeks ago I found myself in a conversation with a friend about homemade and natural hair masks/serums.  She had found one online and had used it and said that it worked wonders for her hair; shiny, smooth, frizz-free. I decided to give it a try. Like most girls, I basically just want longer hair but the shiny, smooth and frizz-free part was an added bonus. 
I went on Pinterest and searched for DIY hair masks and found about 10,000 pages of different websites and pictures. I eventually found a blog that provided 10 easy-to-make hairmasks/serums
I tried the 4th one down, with the avocado, banana, egg and olive oil.
The instructions say to “puree” the banana and avocado, but who really has time for that? Not me.  So I just mashed the avocado and banana with a fork assuming I would be able to get rid of all the clumps. I was wrong. Clumps were visible but I, once again, assumed it wouldn’t matter.
Fast-forward about 45 minutes, and I’ve been sitting with this cold, wet, fruity smelling concoction in my hair for 20 minutes. I had to use cold water to wash it our or else the egg would cook in my hair. Strange mental-image
So I showered with cold water (not fun) and got out of the shower only to realize that all the tiny clumps of avocado and banana were still in my hair.
I had to shower 2 more times in order to get the clumps out, and my hair didn’t feel any different than it had prior to this extremely long and messy process.
This mixture didn’t really do the trick and I’m still in the process of cleaning avocado splats off the walls of my mother’s bathroom.
Does anyone know of any hair masks that you have personally tried and that work? If you do, PLEASE send them over. Much appreciated.

Possible Ingredients

No comments:

Post a Comment